I just committed an unexpected act of kindness and it felt freakin good. My ego was all like, “Hellz yeah Taraleigh! You’re such a good person.”
I must admit something to you. My intentions weren’t totally pure. The helper’s high I felt when I did the nice thing I did made my entire body tingle and the feels were really freakin delicious. I did what I did not only because I knew it would make someone’s life easier, but I did it because I knew the helper’s high was a part of the equation.
Those high vibes motivate me to do even more kind things for people and to spread the love further and further.
Maybe that makes me selfish and egotistical, but who cares?
May we all be a little more selfish and egotistical by being radically kind this holiday season and beyond!!!
Ways to be selfish and egotistical:
- Write a letter of appreciation for someone who has affected your life in a positive way.
- Purchase a gift for someone for no reason except that you know they’ll like it.
- Volunteer your time and energy into a cause you believe in.
- Offer to babysit for a mom and/or dad in your life that needs a little relief to do something for themselves.
- Shovel your neighbor’s driveway.
- Cook a meal for someone who’s super busy.
- Call a loved one you don’t talk to on a regular basis to let them know you’re thinking about them.
- Donate to your favorite charity.
- Make a playlist of songs that remind you of someone and send it to them.
- Leave a package of someone’s favorite foods and drinks on their doorstep for when they come home after a busy day.
What are you favorite ways to be selfish and egotistical? Leave a comment below.
The Magic in me sees the magic in you,