- 4 mashed avocados
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- ½ jalapeño, diced
- juice of ½ lime
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ red onion,
- cilantro (unless you have those taste buds that make it taste like metal or soap)
- 1 can of vegetarian refried pinto beans OR
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt, to taste
- ½ cup Organic cheddar cheese or if you don’t do dairy then get Daiya Cheddar Shreds
- 1-2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
Put on the Kitchen Dweller’s new album entitled Ghost in The Bottle.
- Heat ½ tbsp coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic, stir and cook for 15-30 seconds. Add the drained pinto beans and cook until most of them soften and burst, about 2-3 minutes. Add the chili powder and lime juice. Use a potato masher or fork to mash approximately half of the beans before adding the vegetable broth. Finish mashing the beans to your desired consistency. Simmer until thick.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado but leave some chunks.
- Add the chopped tomato, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, salt, and cilantro. Mix to combine.
Assemble the dip
- This dip is best served in a glass bowl or dish to show off the layers First layer the refried beans, followed by the guacamole, (optional: add a thick layer of cheese), then the salsa, and then the hummus. Top with a generous sprinkle of chopped tomato, green onion, and cheese.
Serve with chips at a potluck or make it for yourself and eat it all!!!
The magic in me sees the magic in you,
Listen to the Kitchen Dwellers new album right now.