Aqueous Inspired Vegan Tacos
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth (may substitute for water)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Vegan cheese (I love Daiya)
- Put on Aqueous’s new album Element Pt.1
- Dance around your kitchen
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add rinsed quinoa and toast for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add vegetable broth and water and bring back to a boil over medium-high heat. Then reduce heat to low, cover with a secure lid, and cook for 15-25 minutes, or until liquid is completely absorbed. Fluff with a fork, then crack lid and let rest for 10 minutes off heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Add cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients (salsa, nutritional yeast, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oil). Toss to combine, then spread on a lightly greased (or parchment-lined) baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-35 minutes, stirring/tossing once at the halfway point to ensure even baking. The quinoa is done when it’s fragrant and golden brown. Be careful not to burn!
- While baking, dance to Aqueous.
- This quinoa taco meat goes extremely well in crispy taco shells and soft taco shells.
- Add in all the fixins like lettuce, tomato, vegan cheese (I love Daiya), guacamole and salsa.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave, in a 350 degree F (176 C) oven, or in a skillet on the stovetop.
- After your done eating, dance to more Aqueous.
The magic in me sees the magic in you,